Water Data Consultant – Support and Consulting KISTERS Water Solutions (f/m/d)
December 2, 2022
12/02/2022 | WTR-WDC-AU | Consulting | Water | Australia | Canberra
Catalysing the transition to clean & renewable energy, mitigating the effects of climate change, and more sustainably managing water and energy resources are our passion and motivation. KISTERS is dedicated to developing IT solutions to steward natural resources more responsibly. Digitally monitoring and analysing data on our changing world is what we do best. At KISTERS, you will be actively involved in influencing a more sustainable future together with us and our customers.
Interaction and engagement with our global team of 750 colleagues from more than 30 nations means you can expect both team spirit and mutual appreciation – but above all, we are a family business with heart and soul.
We are looking for new colleagues for our water team in Canberra, Australia. Come and join the KISTERS family!
KISTERS Australia is part of the KISTERS Group with its head office located in Aachen, Germany. The KISTERS Group offers software solutions for the management of water, air and environmental data and is also active in the energy market. Our customers include private companies including small firms and large multinationals, as well as local government, state and federal public agencies throughout Australia and internationally.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Water Data Consultant to provide support and consulting services relating to our water data management software solutions – primarily WISKI. The successful applicant will provide helpdesk and technical support to clients as well as supporting project managers on a range of consulting projects including system upgrades, developing custom solutions, system documentation and training end users. In this opportunity, we have a long-term view to helping the successful candidate develop into a specialist Senior Water Data Consultant in our company. The position is located in Weston, ACT.
What your day to day would look like
- Helpdesk support for the KISTERS water (environmental) solutions mainly the WISKI product
- Analysing and testing support requests, organising software fixes with developers in Germany
- Handling software installations and updates, preparing demonstrations for customers
- Assisting in projects (national and international) with technical and domain expertise (like data migration, data automation, scripting, applying statistics, etc.)
- Handling of client specific requirements and creation of technical concept documents
Advisory services in support of KISTERS products in general
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a dynamic person with a good balance of technical and people skills to provide technical support and consulting services to our customers across Australia and internationally. We are looking for someone who has a bachelor degree or masters in one of the following areas: Environmental Science or Studies, Water Science and Management, Resource and Environmental Management, Geography, Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering. You will also be keen to work at the intersection of water resource management, environmental data management, and IT solutions.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Strong communication skills combined with a friendly, positive and customer service focused attitude
- Be team-player with a willingness to engage with and learn from senior specialists
- Strong problem-solving skills
- The ability to quickly learn new IT products, applications and technologies
- Understanding of hydrological systems, their processes and management
KISTERS is a time flexible employer offering flexible working hour arrangements. The successful candidate must also be willing to travel both within Australia and internationally on occasion. Early career professionals are specifically encouraged to apply for this full-time permanent role.
We will provide a supportive and collaborative environment as well as internal and external training opportunities to help you transition into the role and develop your water data consulting skillset and experiences.
- A challenging, exciting, and varied role within a highly motivated team and the opportunity to contribute your ideas
- Flexible working hours, company pension scheme, healthcare, and further training, events and team-building activities, canteen (depending on location) and more
- Attractive working environment with long-term advancement opportunities within an internationally operating family business
- Flexibility through many locations around the world and home office option
… and more than 700 committed colleagues who are looking forward to meeting you when you join the KISTERS family!
To apply for this role, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. If you believe you have the necessary skills and attitude we are keen to hear from you. To apply please send your CV along with a cover letter stating how you are suited to this opportunity to Chris Michl via email email@example.com.
Applications for this opportunity close on Monday 19th of December.
KISTERS Pty. Ltd, Attn: Mr. Christian Michl
Christian Michl firstname.lastname@example.org