Project Managers / Consultants (f/m/d) for Water Management Information and Decision Support Systems (junior or senior)
December 15, 2022
12/15/2022 | WTR-PCWM-UK | Consulting | Water | United Kingdom
KISTERS is an international world leading, environmental data and insights organisation that was founded almost 60 years ago. We specialise in the gathering, processing and reporting of environmental data from all over the world, creating innovative and data driven solutions that harness the power of data and technology.
We are one global team made up of 750 experts, engineers, scientists, inventors and developers from more than 30 nations across 5 continents specialising in the water, weather, energy renewables and IT sectors. And we are expanding.
We value our people, are passionate about what we do and love to work together as one global team – striving to achieve our common goal of ensuring our customers feel empowered to make the decisions they need to keep life on this planet thriving.
We at the KISTERS’ HydroMet division are looking for environmental consultants to join our UK team in either London or Chester to strengthen the support we offer to our clients.
Our goal is to develop sustainable and efficient software solutions, such as hydrometeorological databases or forecasting and decision support systems, based on state-of-the-art technology and a deep understanding of our customers’ needs. A successful candidate would be passionate about their field, enjoy collaborating with other consultants and key partners from around the world and be able to travel abroad occasionally (Germany).
- You will be responsible for the management and processing of national and international projects in the fields of meteorology, hydrology, hydrology and water management;
- You will work with customers in consulting projects and support our team in the analysis of customer processes and workflows as well as in the creation of technical concepts;
- You will supervise the introduction and adaptation of our software solutions for our customers directly on site as well as within the framework of cloud services;
- You will be in charge of designing training courses and conducting them at our customers’ premises.
- Required – A BSc degree in the fields of geosciences or environmental sciences such as hydrology, meteorology, civil or environmental engineering
- Required – First hand professional experience in project work; we will also accept graduates with experience from internships
- Required – Ability to carry out work on your own but also as part of team
- Desirable – Good negotiation skills and collaborative mind set
- Required – Knowledge of measurement data acquisition, data management and data analytics
- Desirable – A strong understanding of software technology and knowledge of scripting languages such as Python are advantageous.
- Required – Very good written and spoken English
- Desirable – German or other foreign language skills are an advantage
In a world that is negatively impacted by human influence, we offer a place in a unique company that focuses on collaborative working with organisations who make a positive difference. By joining KISTERS you would be working in a tight knit community that focuses on purpose, rather than profit.
We offer a wide range of personal development opportunities and encourage innovative thinking. If you can think of a better way to do things then you will be heard. Performance-related remuneration and a regular training programme are just as much a matter of course for us and flexible working models are possible.
Are you attracted by working in a future-oriented and globally leading company, dealing with the latest technology and being part of a great team? Then we look forward to receiving your application (email preferred) to:
KISTERS AG, attn. Ms. Ina Donath
Pascalstraße 8+10 · D-52076 Aachen
+49 2408 9385-0 · jobs(at)kisters.de
John Griffiths email@example.com